GRS: Gas Release System
The petroleum testing laboratories environment presents a number of risks inherent to the type of sample. The devices for the analysis of samples should ensure minimal risk conditions at work, critical premise in the development of devices for this application in Ortoalresa.
Centrifugation processes for the determination of water and sediment in petroleum, require an organic solvent which, reacting with the sample and caloric intake of the equipment, generates aerosols. In order to remove this gas from the centrifuge and take it to a safe area, Ortoalresa has designed GRS (Gas Release System) as an accessory for all of the Digtor 22 C series centrifuges. This accessory creates inside the centrifuge chamber, on its top when it is locked, low pressure intake or vacuum suction, allowing suction from atmosphere high in aerosols. This atmosphere is piped through the GRS up to its exit, where it can be treated in isolation. The whole circuit is continuously monitored by the equipment, which will lead the right moment to operate the system. Moreover, it is only required the presence of a compressed air supply of 2 bar pressure, in order to create a 10l/min suction, sufficient to perform the suction of the centrifuge inside chamber volume every 5 min.
GRS main functions are:
• Decreasing gas concentration during operation, and therefore the risk of explosion.
• Eliminating the user’s health risk by inhalation of produced vapors
• Avoiding gas dispersion into laboratory environment.
Easy to use
• It only requires a compressed air supply.
• It has 4 connections: A compressed air inlet, an air inlet for air removed from the equipment, an atmosphere outlet to a safe area, and the control input from the equipment.
• Operation pilot light.
• Air inlet pressure regulator.
• Inlet pressure gauge.
• Operation controlled by core equipment.
• Setting up at a 2 bar pressure, creates a 10 l/min suction.
• 0.2 bar gauge accuracy.
• Max 8 bar inlet pressure.
• Fast inlet and outlet connections.
• Suction capacity: minimum twice total chamber volume in 10 min.
• Hazardous gases input is not required.
• Low noise level <40 dB.
• Powered only by rotor in motion and lid blocked.
• Low power.
EU Directives: 2011/65/EU, 2012/19/EU, 2014/30/EU, 2014/35/EU.
Standards: EN 61010-1, EN 61010-2-020, EN 61326-2-6, EN 61326-1,EN 61010-2-010, EN 61326-2-6.
||Dimensions (mm)(w x d x h)
||Net weight (kg)
Our eagerness to develop innovative equipment that increases safety, functionality and usability, adapting to the needs of each laboratory, establishing a series of differences that make us stand out from the rest of the alternatives on the market.
TFT colour touch screen
Gas Release System (GRS)
Progressive controlled braking system (PCBS)
What makes our products different?
Our equipment can be used intuitively by any user, controlling the process according to the sample and obtaining the maximum performance.
This performance is achieved thanks to exclusive innovations such as:
- TFT colour touch screens, which in addition to standard functions, also enable alternative functions with a high degree of technical specialisation.
Such as the progressive controllable braking system (PCBS), precise control of the sample temperature, the possibility of modifying work parameters while in operation, the linking of consecutives programmes without the user intervention (linked program), detection of imbalance indicating the position where it occurred (ULS: unbalance location system), etc.
PCBS: allows the user to have split-second control over the braking time. This system ensures braking without interference in the centrifugation, with 175 ramps which maintain the integrity of the layers after braking, avoiding the homogenisation of the layers after centrifugation.
- Equipment with different temperature control, forced ventilation, refrigerated and heated, which allows the adaptation to a wide range of applications.
Refrigerated: obtained values below 4 °C at maximum speed of any of its rotors. Heated: obtained values up to 80 °C.
A wide range of rotors and adaptors, offering the possibility to develop accessories for specific techniques and needs.
“Multiple” adaptors that allow the use of different types of tubes, either flat or round-bottom.
What makes us different as a company?
Our corporate philosophy not only leads us to manufacture a line of products with their own characteristics, it also spurs us to offer services that are outstanding for being based on fluid communication with our clients:
- Personalised response and advice within 48h, both for commercial service and technical assistance.
- Commissioning, solution of incidents, repairs and online technical training.
- Specialists in foreign trade, we offer support to our clients during the entire procedure, as we are certified as KC (Known Consignor), which facilitates and reduces the cost of exporting our equipment.
In Ortoalresa, we also believe that is it not enough to be differentiated by our products, we must also defend the philosophy that has led us to grow day by day and which is based on transparency, respect for the environment, teamwork and good internal and external communication.